Monday, November 30, 2009

Sorry, Sorry, Sorry!

So my apologies to everyone--we had no Internet at the new place until recently and I have been very very bad about updating. We are now back in cyberspace and I'm back to blogging!

The past few months have been busy--the house is sold and we are moved! We have a cute little townhouse that TL picked out and are snug and just about settled. I'm still surrounded by boxes but getting more and more of them unpacked. I may even be able to park in my garage by Christmas.... It has been a challenge downsizing from my big elephant but we're coming along. We have a guest bedroom anytime you want to come visit.

TL has been busy with school and we didn't end up going to The Melting Pot this grading period--but she is now concentrating and I'm sure we will go this time. She loves our new house and is close to several of her friends so she actually can walk to their houses. Now that we're settled we've started going out and doing again. We went to see New Moon on opening day ("it was so heart warming, so heart felt and so heart thumping" was her description). We also squeezed in a hockey game--I got great seats 7 rows up from the ice and there were several fights. I'm glad to have a child who enjoys hockey!! We also managed to hit the Hard Rock Cafe for lunch one Sunday afternoon and toured the Ford Theater. We are hoping to see a play there sometime this winter.

We spent Thanksgiving in Florida with my family and also spent some time with my SC friend's family (I have decided he is AM for future reference) as they in the same area as my cousin. The weather was warm and TL even went swimming. We went to Blue Spring State Park on Friday (no Black Friday sales for us) and were lucky enough to see some manatee as this is their winter home. We started out the day with a "oh mom" and ended up the trip with a "that was really cool" The picture I posted was her on the boardwalk--the tiara is all her!

So, that is us in a nutshell. The craziness of moving and settling and finding everything has kept us busy but we're finally back to having fun again.

Lastly, I had another 6 month check up and still no evidence of disease. We will be celebrating the weekend!

Hope all is well and I promise to get back on track. Love to all!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to read you're getting settled and things are going well!
    Also very happy your 6 month check up was clear. I'd be interested to see your thoughts on the the proposed new screening guidelines.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for getting us caught up, it had been a while. Tickled to death that all is going so well. Sounds like your holidays were good and sure you are looking to the next set of holidays. Enjoy.

    E

    ReplyDelete