Wednesday, September 9, 2009

End of Summer

Summer is officially over and the traffic in DC makes it pretty obvious!

We spent our last weekend of summer in SC (big surprise, I know). I found tickets to the Taylor Swift concert and took all three girls this time (yep, it’s official, I’m crazy to go to the same concert twice in one year). All the girls dressed up in cowboy boots and a sun dress which is the dress code for all Taylor Swift fans I think. TL loves her new cowboy boots and wore them most of the weekend. The rest of our weekend was spent staying busy. We took a short drive in the mountains and just enjoyed each other’s company. We took Babe this time and she and my friend’s dog (and his kids) all got along great. Although, she was roped into howling Saturday morning to wake up my friend’s oldest daughter… On the way home we stopped in Asheville to meet some family for lunch. Traffic wasn’t bad and we were home well before midnight.

We are settling in to our new routines and TL still loves school! She has a science test next week and has already started studying for it. I’m looking forward to another year full of good grades and lots of activities. Our evenings are just as busy as we have dinner plans tonight, tomorrow night and family in town this weekend. No rest for this household!

Hope everyone has a great week…

No comments:

Post a Comment