Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Changes

Welcome to the new and improved blog. This will be a continuation of all our adventures along with maybe a few more opinions and thoughts along the way. The names will change slightly though and I am now just PT and my lovely daughter will now be TL--easier to type!

So, to continue in the same vein as the previous blog here's the usual recap of our past week.

TL spent last weekend with her father at the lake and had a good time--she came back tired on Monday morning. We started our back to school shopping that afternoon and luckily she has discovered Ross since she now is becoming a clothes fanatic. She recently had a drastic hair cut and I'll post a picture once I get a better one--the one I have she's crying in. She was home for one day and then I put her on a plane to Iowa to visit more family. It seems like I've barely even seen her this summer which just stinks! She is of course having a ball and enjoying being spoiled rotten by her grandmother...

I spent last weekend in SC with my friend. We spent Saturday morning on the softball field with his kids and the loaded up and rode the bike to NC for a late lunch. I'm starting to enjoy the bike but we are already starting to talk about buying either a bigger bike or a bigger seat! Our relationship is easy and we really enjoy each other's company. We are beginning the process of introducing our kids and doing things with all of us--although we also realize that neither one of us have a vehicle big enough for all 6 of us so we'll be doing alot of girl's car/boy's car for the foreseeable future.

My weekend ahead will be somewhat quiet. My summer students are finishing up this week which means I can focus on lab work again. My papers still aren't done but much closer to being there. My friend from SC is flying up on Saturday night since he will be working in Richmond for part of next week and it will be nice to see him again. TL is home on Tuesday (yippee)and has already mapped out the rest of the back to school shopping spree!

Hope everyone has a good rest of the week and welcome to our new page!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you enjoy your new site! Thanks for inviting me, and have fun! Sven

    ReplyDelete