Sunday, August 16, 2009

Weekend Fun


So I started this post several times this weekend and never finished it... Either someone wanted the laptop, someone distracted me or finally, we needed to be somewhere. My apologies for posting this Monday night.

We had a very nice time in SC and all the kids had a good time (TL is very tired tonight but found some energy to clean out her closet so she can make room for new clothes). Our trip started out frazzled but ended up happy when we finally arrived and my friend met me at the door with a bottle of Killians (our beer of choice when we were at Stetson together). I interviewed someone for a position in my lab Friday morning and she arrived about 2 hours late (after changing the time in a late evening email the night before). Needless to say, she didn't earn any brownie points. Traffic was typical Friday afternoon traffic and when we got stuck in a huge back up in Charlotte I did just about start to cry. Luckily, I had TL with me who managed to cheer me up and keep me focused. She is the best travel companion out there by far!!! We spent the weekend watching softball and baseball games, shopping (just a little), hanging out and watching a Triple A ball game where my friend's daughter got to go out on the field with one of the players. The game was slow and we left during the 7th inning stretch (lucky choice, soon after the game was called due to rain). The picture I included in this post is my friend and I before we left for the game. A good time was had by all and we headed back early this morning so I could go into work this afternoon. I know, no rest for the wicked.

This week looks busy all ready. This coming weekend is our annual trip to Bristol for the NASCAR race!!!! Time to go racing again! It will be nice to see good friends and some good racing. Before then we TL is off to a friends house for a day at the pool, more back to school shopping and getting ready to go. I just need to catch up on all the stuff piled up on my desk (actually, it would be nice if I could find my desk...), tackle the thistles that have taken over my garden and clean up the basement from the slight flood my parents had to deal with over the weekend while I was off playing (ugh, I finally caved and called a plumber--the previous one didn't do a very good job and it'll be a huge job to fix all the pipes he patched together). But, I'm going racing this weekend!!!!

Have a great week...

No comments:

Post a Comment