Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Endings

Yesterday I signed the papers to begin the final process of ending my marriage. I’ve written more than once over the past year about my growth and the gamut of emotions I experienced all the way from devastation, to shock and horror, to anger, to happiness to finally completeness. A year ago I would have never imagined that the emotion I would feel when I sent along those papers was relief. Ted has become nearly a stranger to me and there is no reason for me to even want to stay married to him now. Along my journey I was lucky to have my TL next to my side along with some great friends (most especially the amazing E who baby sat me many nights while I cried, raged and finally laughed) and I most recently added another person to this list that has brought even more joy and love into my life. I am blessed in many ways.

So sorry, this post isn’t about another great adventure but just another sign of what water, sunshine and love can accomplish. Since I started writing this my anger has faded away and I’ve started counting my blessings again—number 1 is TL who has her middle school orientation tomorrow! Stay tuned, I’m now the parent of a pre-teen!

No comments:

Post a Comment