Monday, August 10, 2009

It’s Monday Again

So, it’s Monday and tomorrow TL comes home!!!!!! I have really really really missed her and can hardly wait to see her again. She had a good weekend going to West Bend to see her great-grandma and Belmond for a bridal shower (combined with a trip to see where her dad grew up…). She is still a little homesick, but it’s usually right before bed which is our special mom-TL time. I’m happy she will be back (obviously) and we already have several things planned (all of them involve shopping of course….).

My weekend was busy even without TL around, sadly I had to get up at 3:30 in the morning Saturday to take my oldest nephew to the train station. I did learn one thing, getting out of the traffic circle in front of Union Station is challenging—after going around three times (can anyone say Family Vacation…?) I finally let a taxi pass me so I could follow him out. At 4:30 am I didn’t want to have to drive around in circles til more people showed up. I spent most of the afternoon working on my chair. I’m about done with the base and have made enough mistakes along the way that the first one will be ornamental or solely for small children to sit on! It’ll still look good on my deck. My friend from SC flew in Saturday night and we spent Sunday picking peaches, eating lunch and driving to Richmond where he is working this week (he was introduced to a real DC style traffic back up along the way). We met several friends for dinner and then I got up very very early this morning and drove back.

Our week ahead is already filling up with shopping, hair cut for me, a new cell phone for TL and a trip later this week to SC. I’m excited to be taking TL along with me (finally, she says) and my friend will also have his two younger children this weekend so it’ll be fun. I’m still not sure he is ready for the whirlwind that is TL but I guess he needs to know what he signed up for!

Have a great rest of the week.

1 comment:

  1. Well, it sure is good to get caught up on the two of you. The saying "girls just want to have fun"- ( thank you Cindi Lauper ) certainly applies to you. It sure is great to see you staying so busy, traveling all over the country, and loving every minute of it ( even those brief moments of homesickness ). Keep us posted and in the loop, we don't want to miss a minute of anything. Don't forget the pictures!!

    E

    ReplyDelete